- IMPORTANT INFORMATION AND WHO WE ARE
The Norfolk Hare Ltd
11 Chapel Street
Company Registration Number: 11268961
Tel: 07738 424537
E Mail: email@example.com
This website is not intended for children and we do not knowingly collect data relating to children.
We may need to update this Policy at any time and without notice and where we do this we will notify you by including pop up boxes on the website and/or emailing our customers. This Policy was last updated on 12 January 2019.
It is important that the personal data we hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please keep us informed if your personal data changes during your relationship with us and periodically review your account settings on our website.
- THE DATA WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
Personal data, or personal information, means any information about an individual from which that person can be identified. It does not include data where the identity has been removed (anonymous data).
We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you which we have grouped together follows:
- Identity Data includes first name and last name. It also includes your gender, if you choose to provide it to us.
- Contact Data means the data we use to contact you including your billing address (if you purchase a product through PayPal), delivery address, email address and telephone number.
- Financial Data means the payment method and card association used to process your payments for your orders. We do not store or process your card details ourselves, they are processed and stored via one of our contracted third party service providers. We encrypt your payment card details in your browser and securely transfer this data to our relevant third party payment provider to process a payment.
- Transaction Data means details about transactions you have made on our website including the payments to and from you along with other details of products and services you have purchased from us.
- Technical Data means details about the device(s) you use to access our website including your internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Profile Data includes your username (email address), your login data, purchases or orders made by you, your interests, preferences, feedback and survey responses.
- Usage Data includes information about how you use our website, products and services. This includes your browsing patterns and information such as how long you might spend on one of our webpages and what you look at and for on our website, the page that referred you to our site and the click stream during your visit to our website, page response times and page interaction information (clicks you make on a page).
- Marketing and Communications Data includes your preferences in receiving marketing from us and your communication preferences.
IF YOU FAIL TO PROVIDE PERSONAL DATA
Where we need to collect personal data by law, or under the terms of a contract we have with you and you fail to provide that data when requested, we may not be able to perform the contract we have or are trying to enter into with you (for example, where you do not provide suitable delivery instructions to provide you with goods or services). In this case, we may have to cancel a product or service you have with us but we will notify you if this is the case at the time.
- HOW IS YOUR PERSONAL DATA COLLECTED?
We use different methods to collect data from and about you including through:
- Direct interactions. You may give us your Identity Data, Contact Data, Transaction Data, Profile Data, Financial Data and Marketing and Communications Data by using our website, filling in forms or by corresponding with us by post, phone, email or otherwise. This includes personal data you provide when you:
- purchase a product or service (including gift cards) through our website
- create an account on our website
- request marketing to be sent to you
- enter a competition
- give us some feedback
- Automated technologies or interactions. As you interact with our website, we may automatically collect Usage Data and Technical Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. We collect this personal data by using cookies, server logs and other similar technologies. Please see our Cookies Policyfor further details.
- THIRD PARTY SOURCES OF DATA/DATA SHARING:
We also collect from and share data with the following providers:
- Essential Service Providers: Sometimes, other businesses give us data about you which we may need for our legitimate interests of conducting business with you and on occasion they are necessary to perform our contract with you. It usually comprises Financial Data or Transaction Data. This happens when we link through to third party payment providers. They tell us that you have paid for your products and, where relevant and/or necessary they will provide us with your Contact Data and Transaction Data. We also might engage third party contractors to provide us with technical or delivery services that are related to your account with us.
- Professional Advisers and Investors: We may also share your data with professional advisers such as our lawyers and insurers to manage risks and legal claims, and/or as part of our relationship and obligations to our investor organisations. This is in our legitimate interests.
- HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We will only use your personal data when the law allows us to. Most commonly, we will use your personal data in the following circumstances:
- Where we need to perform the contract we are about to enter into or have entered into with you.
- Where it is necessary for our legitimate interests (or those of a third party) and your interests and fundamental rights do not override those interests.
- Where we need to comply with a legal or regulatory obligation.
Generally we do not rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your personal data other than in relation to sending third party direct marketing communications to you via email or text message. You have the right to withdraw consent to marketing at any time by contacting us.
PURPOSES FOR WHICH WE WILL USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We have set out below, in a table format, a description of all the ways we may use your personal data, and which of the legal bases we rely on to do so. We have also identified what our legitimate interests are where appropriate.
Type of data
Lawful basis for processing including basis of legitimate interest
To register you as a new customer
Performance of a contract with you.
To process and deliver your order, including:
1. managing payments, fees and charges; and
2. managing your queries through our Customer Service team – this may include recording calls to our teams.
Performance of a contract with you. We may also use some of the data related to your queries for our legitimate interests of ensuring our customer service quality standards are met.
To collect and recover money owed to us in respect of your order
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to recover debts due to us).
To carry out fraud assessments
Necessary for our legitimate interests of ensuring payments are not fraudulent
To process your purchase of a gift voucher from us
Performance of a contract with you.
Necessary for our legitimate interests of ensuring our customers are updated on these changes.
To help us improve our offering to our customers, including asking you to leave a review or take a survey, or provide customer insights
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to improve our offering to our customers, to develop them and grow our business).
To enable you to partake in a prize draw or competition
Performance of a contract with you to fulfil the promotion and run the competition/prize draw. We may also subsequently use your entries for the legitimate interests of understanding our customer base more effectively.
To administer and protect our business and this website (including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, system maintenance, support, reporting and hosting of data)
Necessary for our legitimate interests (for running our business, provision of administration and IT services, network security, to prevent fraud and in the context of a business reorganisation or group restructuring exercise).
To deliver relevant website content, advertisements and other marketing material to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising we serve to you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to study how customers use our products/services, to develop them, to grow our business to inform our marketing strategy and to improve our offering to you). Please note that where cookies are used for this purpose, this is covered separately by our Cookies Policy.
To use data analytics to improve our website, products/services, marketing, customer relationships and experiences
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to define types of customers for our products and services, to keep our website updated and relevant, to develop our business and to inform our marketing strategy). Please note that where cookies are used for this purpose, this is covered by our Cookies Policy.
To make suggestions and recommendations to you about goods or services that may be of interest to you
Necessary for our legitimate interests (to develop our products/services and grow our business, and to improve our offering to you).
We do not conduct any automated decision making. We may on occasion profile our customers for the purposes of targeting marketing at them and where this is done, this is undertaken for our legitimate interests of ensuring our marketing is relevant to its audience. For example, we may classify an appropriate audience for a promotion by what products on our website they have previously looked at or expressed an interest in. We do not conduct any online behavioural tracking.
We may use your Identity, Contact, Technical, Usage and Profile Data to form a view on what we think you may want or need, or what may be of interest to you. This is how we decide which products, services and offers may be relevant for you. We only use the data you provide to us directly for this purpose along with the Aggregated Data provided to us by our analytics partners and we do not track what other websites you may visit after visiting our site, though in common with most websites, we may register the site which referred you to our site (e.g. a search engine).
We strive to provide you with choices regarding certain personal data uses, particularly around marketing and advertising.
We generally only send electronic marketing – such as email marketing – to people who have previously bought similar products from us and this is in our legitimate interests. We will always offer a way out of receiving this marketing when you first purchase our products and in every marketing communication afterwards. We may on occasion send out postal marketing for the purpose of growing our sales which is in our legitimate interests and in this scenario we will rely on you to let us know if you do not want to receive this by opting out of marketing (see Opting out below).
If you have an account with us, and purchase a product through PayPal Express, we will not recognise you as an existing customer (including for the purposes of your marketing preferences) until you have completed your purchase, and if you provide us with the same email address as the one registered to your account.
Where you have not previously bought from us but have registered your details with us (for example by entering a competition or signing up for a newsletter), we will only send you marketing communications if you opted into receiving marketing at the time and so given us your express consent (which you may withdraw at any time – see Opting out below).
We may also share certain data with third party social media platforms in order to show you targeted ads when you visit them. We do this by:
- we may also provide these platforms with your email address to create ‘audiences’ of users fitting within a certain demographic/category so that we can target our marketing. Please check the social media platforms’ terms for more details of these services. This is in our legitimate interests of sending you direct marketing. See ‘Opting out’ below for details of how you can adjust your marketing preferences. Our Cookies Policyalso explains how you can adjust your cookies preferences.
You can ask us to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by logging into your account and adjusting your marketing preferences, by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by contacting us at any time.
If you opt out of receiving email marketing from us, we will no longer share your email address with social media platforms (see ‘External Third Parties’ below). However, you may continue to see our ads through them, due to their general demographic targeting. Please check the social media platforms for more detail of how to opt out from seeing these ads.
CHANGE OF PURPOSE
We will only use your personal data for the purposes for which we collected it, unless we reasonably consider that we need to use it for another reason and that reason is compatible with the original purpose. If you wish to get an explanation as to how the processing for the new purpose is compatible with the original purpose, please contact us.
If we need to use your personal data for an unrelated purpose, we will notify you and we will explain the legal basis which allows us to do so.
Please note that we may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent, in compliance with the above rules, where this is required or permitted by law.
- DISCLOSURES OF YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We require all third parties to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law and they may only use your data for the purposes we specify in our contract with them. We will always work with them to protect your privacy.
- DATA SECURITY
We have put in place appropriate security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used or accessed in an unauthorised way, altered or disclosed. In addition, we limit access to your personal data to those employees, agents, contractors and other third parties who have a business need to know. They will only process your personal data on our instructions and they are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
We have put in place procedures to deal with any suspected personal data breach and will notify you and any applicable regulator of a breach where we are legally required to do so.
You acknowledge that the Internet is not a completely secure medium for communication and, accordingly, we cannot guarantee the security of any information you send to us (or we send to you) via the Internet. We are not responsible for any damages which you, or others, may suffer as a result of the loss of confidentiality of such information.
- DATA RETENTION
HOW LONG WILL YOU USE MY PERSONAL DATA FOR?
We will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes we collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
To determine the appropriate retention period for personal data, we consider the amount, nature, and sensitivity of the personal data, the potential risk of harm from unauthorised use or disclosure of your personal data, the purposes for which we process your personal data and whether we can achieve those purposes through other means, and the applicable legal requirements. For example, details of your orders will be kept for as long as we need to retain that data to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements. This is generally 7 years unless the law prescribes a longer period.
In some circumstances you can ask us to delete your data: see ‘Your Legal Rights’ below for further information.
In some circumstances we may anonymise your personal data (so that it can no longer be associated with you) for research or statistical purposes in which case we may use this information indefinitely without further notice to you.
- YOUR LEGAL RIGHTS
Under certain circumstances, you have rights under UK data protection laws in relation to your personal data.
You have the right to:
Request access to your personal data (commonly known as a “data subject access request”). This enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
Request correction of the personal data that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate data we hold about you corrected, though we may need to verify the accuracy of the new data you provide to us.
Object to processing of your personal data where we are relying on a legitimate interest (or those of a third party) and there is something about your particular situation which makes you want to object to processing on this ground as you feel it impacts on your fundamental rights and freedoms. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes. In some cases, we may demonstrate that we have compelling legitimate grounds to process your information which override your rights and freedoms.
Request restriction of processing of your personal data. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of your personal data in the following scenarios: (a) if you want us to establish the data’s accuracy; (b) where our use of the data is unlawful but you do not want us to erase it; (c) where you need us to hold the data even if we no longer require it as you need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or (d) you have objected to our use of your data but we need to verify whether we have overriding legitimate grounds to use it.
Request the transfer of your personal data to you or to a third party. We will provide to you, or a third party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
Withdraw consent at any time where we are relying on consent to process your personal data. However, this will not affect the lawfulness of any processing carried out before you withdraw your consent.
If you wish to exercise any of these rights, please Contact Us.
NO FEE USUALLY REQUIRED
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
WHAT WE MAY NEED FROM YOU
We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. We may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up our response.
TIME LIMIT TO RESPOND
We try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take us longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, we will notify you and keep you updated.